Sites inaccessable from outside LAN

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sapper6fd, Apr 26, 2006.

1. sapper6fd

sapper6fd New Member

On a serve rI have set up with ISPConfig, I'm having a bit of trouble. I have configured everything, and set up a small account within the server. I have changed the A Hosts within GoDaddy to point to my servers IP. The Nameservers remain with Godaddy - NS3.SECURESERVER.NET & NS4.SECURESERVER.NET.

The problem I'm having is I can only access the domain I've directed to my server through my local LAN. as soon as I use another connection to access the site, I get the standard "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error message. I can however access the ISPConfig pages without any problem from outside the LAN.

Weh I do a tracerout on the domain name, it reflects the the server IP address so I know everything has been updated.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/tracer...w.postslut.com

Anyone have any ideas on why this is?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In Godaddy DNS you created A-Records pointing to your external IP, not your internal IP? Do you forward port 80 from your router to your server? Have you checkd that your provider does not block port 80?

3. sapper6fd

sapper6fd New Member

The A-Record is pointing to the IP provided my my DSL provider. I am running a linksys router, however I have opened the ports for email, FTP, ports 80 and 81 (81 for ISPConfig) and they have all been forwarded to the server's IP (192.168.*.***). As for port 80 not being blocked by my provider, well I am able to access the Welcome to Apache page from outside the lan by entering my DSL's IP address without any problems.

I'm at a loss on what it could be. Am I missing something else?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Is this your public IP address? 209.89.95.165

5. sapper6fd

sapper6fd New Member

that is correct, it is.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

To me it looks like either
    - your ISP is blocking port 80,
    - You didn't forward port 80 from your router to your ISPConfig server, or
    - your firewall is blocking port 80.