Sites no displaying!!!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cybereatl, Feb 27, 2006.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi folks,

I recently ask how to make that my domains be able to set mail with their own domain suchs as mail.domain.com not with the ip address, and I went to godaddy and add an A record to my official nameservers ns1.asesoriasit.info and ns1.asesoriasit.info, them I went to total dns control option and add an @ 200.89.230.204 that is the ip assigned for ISPConfig server.

Now I can't see any site that I have seen it before:
    www.asesoriasit.net
    www.educandote.edu.co
    www.educandote.net
    www.educandote.info
    www.educandote.tv

Please some one check if can see any site!!! to see if is again my router fail to display those sites.

Thanks!!!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For all your domains i get messages like:

Code:
    dig www.asesoriasit.net

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> www.asesoriasit.net
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

3. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

What should I do???? Select Create DNS and Create DNS-MX ???

Any suggestions??? before change the A record was display!!! now all sites are down!!!

Now my emails are bouncing too!!! what todo?? :eek::

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  4. till

The question is, what have you changed exactly just before the sites have gone down?

The nameserver ns1.asesoriasit.info is reachable by ping, but is not responding to dns querys.

Please check with:

netstat -tap

If the bind server on ns1.asesoriasit.info is started.
    If it is not running, try to start it. If it is started, check your router and firewall if the DNS ports are not blocked.

5. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Here is the post of netstat -tap in the attached file.

There is no firewall configured yet and computer is directly connected to internet, there is no router or switch, eventually I'll add it up.

What I did on Godaddy with asesoriasit.info:

Previosly asesoriasit.info was registered as official name server with 2 static ip's and nameservers for that domain were: ns1.asesoriasit.info and ns2.asesoriasit.info, later to be able to check email using domain name rather than ip address I went to godaddy again, and I need it to add a A record, but for that need it to set it to parked domain. So I did.

Later in A records I found @ with another ip address (maybe godaddy's) and I add another line @ 200.89.230.204 save changes.

Please advise!!!! Thanks

Attached Files:

6. till

The bind daemon on your server is running. I guess the problem is godaddy, but i'am not familar with their interface.

I guess the IP 64.202.167.129 (ns1.asesoriasit.info) i not your server and thats why the other domains do not resolve anmyore.

7. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

I just find out too, that is pointing to other ip's.

Here is a screen shot of godaddy's interface.
    Should I remove the @ with 68.178.232.100 ?? and just leave my record???

Thanks

Attached Files:

• dns.JPG
      dns.JPG
      File size:
      68.6 KB
      Views:
  8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You should add ns1.asesoriasit.info to the A records. I don't see an entry for ns1 in the list.

9. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Should I add ns1 and ns2 ??? or only ns1

and will be this format:
    @ ns1.asesoriasit.info also tryed:
    ns1 asesoriasit.info

But it tells me that provide an IP address

I try it but gives me an error:

Please enter valid data for each required field. Each field cannot exceed 63 characters in length. Click the help link on each category for more information.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  10. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I don't know the godaddy interface and also not the fields in the form for adding the A records...

11. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Ok, thank you for your effort, i'll contact godaddy's support and i'll let you know guys how it go!

Thanks