Sites Viewed From Server Go To Shared IP

Discussion in 'General' started by mojosound, Apr 3, 2006.

1. mojosound

mojosound New Member

I am evaluating ISPConfig on my home Madriva2006 setup. I have 1 static ip address that gets assigned to my router. The Mandriva box has a static ip of 192.168.4.2 and dmz is set on the router to this ip. I have 5 name based sites setup. When viewing offsite all sites come up as expected and codomain forwarding is working. If I view the sites from the server, 3 of the 5 sites come up fine, but 2 come up with the shared ip page. One site has a codomain and it does not forward, but the codomain does come up with the main page for the parent site which itself gets the shared ip page. Any thoughts on what I have setup wrong?

Chris

2. mojosound

mojosound New Member

Further Details

One of the sites just started working. I am not sure why. The other site was still coming shared ip but only on the server. I tried typing in the index page and there it was. The index page was index.htm. I changed the name to index.html and the site opened fine. index.htm is in the list by default. I do not know why it did not open but now does.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you changed the DNS records of these domains recently, then it's possible that your server hasn't the newest data yet, but your workstations have - it might take up to 72 hours until DNS changes propagate.

You can put all the domains/FQDNs in /etc/hosts on the server, then it should work immediately.

4. mojosound

mojosound New Member

DNS Updates It Is

I did update the zone files last night.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

That's the reason. You can either wait a little longer or update /etc/hosts.