Skype <-> Firewall

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by leno, May 3, 2005.

1. leno

leno New Member

I'd like to install Skype on my desktop system. How do I have to configure my firewall to make Skype work (in good quality)? Do any special ports have to be open?

2. yannick

yannick New Member

3. patrikana

patrikana New Member

Okay people, my son is interested in business of VoIP phone services. He is looking for the cheapest VoIP phone instrument which can work without pc. He is having ADSL connection at home and looking for VoIP phone instrument which can work without having pc started. What could be the best option to buy? We have friends and relatives in US and UK and can ask them to bring things from there. Let us know the cheapest one. Thanks a lot.

4. sayad

sayad New Member

hey now dskype is one of teh simple softwares like teh google talk , it doesnt even take up much memory , what rubbish is it gonna do that the fire wall has to block it ?
    I mean liek , it is ok with skypewith teh firewall.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Take a look here: http://us.accessories.skype.com/ser...ayHomePage&SiteID=skype&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE

6. Jamesr

Jamesr New Member

Hi,

Where do you live?

In north america there is a company called Vonage that has a VOIP service that does not need an active PC just needs a hi-speed line.