slackware 13.0 13.1 beta1 perfect desktop

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by the_guy1, May 10, 2010.

1. the_guy1

the_guy1 New Member

I am aware that there is a how to on making the perfect desktop for slackware 12 and was wondering if anyone was planing on making one for slackware 13 because most of the previous howto doesn't hold up. please and thank you in advance for your questions and comments.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Personally, I've never used Slackware, and therefore I don't plan to write such a tutorial. But maybe someone else does? :)

3. the_guy1

the_guy1 New Member

Okay the main reason that I want the tutorial is that when you learn Debian you learn Debian when you learn Fedora you learn Fedora when you Learn Slackware you learn Linux. That was partially plagiarized but I can’t remember who said it. I want to learn more about Linux by using Slackware but I wanted to ease into it by using a tutorial for the perfect desktop/server. I will probably just leap head first into the distro than.

Wish me luck

4. alexrock23

alexrock23 New Member

I have used slackware 13.0 13.1 beta1. Slackware 13.0 had some major changes/upgrades when compared to its earlier stable release, Slackware 12.2. Slackware 13.0 had a major upgrades to the desktop environments -- KDE version 4.2.4 and Xfce version 4.6.1. Other improvements included: a new .txz package format with better compression, upgraded development system, network services, libraries, and upgrades in major applications like Firefox and Thunderbirds.

5. Udot

Udot New Member