smtp banner not matching

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ariban99, May 3, 2016.

1. ariban99

ariban99 Member

anyone knows how to gives these issues:

[​IMG] smtp mail.mydealsexpress.com Reverse DNS does not contain the hostname [​IMG] More Info
    [​IMG] smtp mail.mydealsexpress.com Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner [​IMG] More Info
    [​IMG] smtp mail.mydealsexpress.com 6.499 seconds - Warning on Connection time [​IMG] More Info
    [​IMG] smtp mail.mydealsexpress.com 8.548 seconds - Not good! on Transaction Time [​IMG] More Info

2. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Reverse DNS is controlled by the ISP who is hosting you and gave your IP address. Ask them to set the reverse DNS to the same name as your mailsesrver mail.mydealsexpress.com

To check what the DNS reverse is set for run nslookup and then type in the IP address of mail.mydealsexpress.com and it should return mail.mydealsexpress.com so forward and reverse DNS are the same for that IP.

3. ariban99

ariban99 Member

thank you for your help and reply.
    how about if i am going to host a few different site, how do i work that out? do i have one mail server for example if i am hosting mydealsexpress.com and also wholesaledeals, do i put a dns mx records in wholesaledeals to be mail.mydealsexpress.com as well, so it matches the reverse dns, or can my isp put many reverse dns records per each hostname?

4. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can host multiple domains on 1 ip. The other isps only care that your single forward IP and reverse IP match the host name to ensure your not a spammer. You connect and send the HELO or EHELO and they take you name and IP and verify the reverse, doesn't matter who the domain delivery is for.

5. ariban99

ariban99 Member

perfect, thank you

6. ariban99

ariban99 Member

sorry one more thing please.
    if my hostname in centos cat /etc/hostname shows webserver1.mydealsexpress.com, should my dns be changed from mail.mydealsexpress.com to webserver1.mydealexpress.com? and i should give my isp webserver1..... ?