SMTP not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alex1452, Aug 30, 2015.

1. alex1452

alex1452 New Member

Dear all,
    I have problems with email on ISPConfig 3. Dovecot/Imap works well, but SMTP does not work. I uninstalled and reconfigurered all services but i still get the following error message in my systemlog:
    Aug 30 06:09:35 gallerie mail.warn postfix/proxymap[6637]: warning: request for unapproved table: "mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender_login_maps.cf"
    Aug 30 06:09:35 gallerie mail.warn postfix/proxymap[6637]: warning: to approve this table for read-only access, list proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender_login_maps.cf in main.cf:proxy_read_maps
    Aug 30 06:09:35 gallerie mail.crit postfix/smtpd[8290]: fatal: proxymap service is not configured for table "mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender_login_maps.cf"
    Aug 30 06:09:36 gallerie mail.warn postfix/master[13672]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd pid 8290 exit status 1
    Aug 30 06:09:36 gallerie mail.warn postfix/master[13672]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
    Which next steps would you suggest to further investigate?

Regards,
    Alexander

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which OS do you use, which ISPConfig version did you install and which tutorial did you use to install the server?

3. alex1452

alex1452 New Member

Sorry. I forgot that. System is Debian 8, Ispconfig is 3.0.5.4p8, I followed the instructions in "The Perfect Server for Debian and Nginx" here on howtoforge.

4. alex1452

alex1452 New Member

Till,
    Any idea what I can do next to investigate or solve the problem? Your help will be really appreciated.
    Regards,
    Alexander

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The error messages mention files that dont exist on a ispconfg server, so you must have had other email software installed on that system before you installed ispconfig or in other words, you did not start with a clean install and therefor you have a mix of different postfix setups now that cause your server to fail.

Which line in postfix main.cf contains /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender_login_maps.cf ?