So my ISPConfig went German on me, should I be worried?

Discussion in 'General' started by FeraTechInc, Mar 14, 2007.

1. FeraTechInc

FeraTechInc Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ok, strange thing happened to me. I was changing the e-mail settings and unchecked Maildir. Then when I clicked save the entire ISPConfig admin panel went completely german on me.

Having spent 1 month living in Germany I know what German looks like and everything was in German. I reloaded the admin menu once and a couple of things went back to english.

Reloaded again and everything was back to english.

Now my question is...

What happened? and should I worry about it going German on me again? I can't read German so it could be a problem. Is there some kind of language setting I can double check?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please go to tools > language and set the language to english.

The language default is in german. But I never seen that the language changes in this way.

3. FeraTechInc

FeraTechInc Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hmm... it was set to english.

I've been using ISPConfig for about a year now and this is the first time it did that.

It's like when talking to a german friend who accidentally slips into german and realizes you don't understand him due to the strange look on your face.

I double checked all the language settings and they are set to english. Is there some sort of override or fallback to german if the setting file is corrupt?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, sort of. In case a translation is not found, it outputs the wordbook key sentence which is in many areas still in german. Which ISPConfig version do you use?

You may have a look at the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php if the setting is set there correcly too.