[SOLVED] 3.2.1 update problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Pimmal, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

Hey i updated today and now i got stuck in error messages.
    Error Message in console on update process
    Code:
    Restarting services ...
    PHP Warning:  Packets out of order. Expected 1 received 0. Packet size=30 in /tmp/update_runner.sh.KWEEsyjEEt/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 207
    Update finished.

Ispconfig admin page got error 500 and the appache webserver is writing this error in the logfile:
    Code:
    [Wed Nov 25 15:24:51.747452 2020] [fcgid:warn] [pid 29195] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 77.7.28.44:59407] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
    [Wed Nov 25 15:24:51.747511 2020] [core:error] [pid 29195] [client 77.7.28.44:59407] End of script output before headers: index.php
    .php-fcgi-starter: line 6: /usr/bin/php-cgi7.0: No such file or directory

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which OS are you running? What is your current PHP CLI version? (you can get this with php -v)

3. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

Debian 4.9.210
    PHP 7.4.12 (cli)

4. Th0m

Are you sure you are using Debian 4? This is really old and I'm not even sure if we ever supported that. ISPConfig 3.2.1 supports Debian 9 and newer.

5. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

Damn that was the kernel version, sorry about that
    Distributor ID: Debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9.13 (stretch)
    Release: 9.13
    Codename: stretch

As far i can remember there was a file to edit to use php 7.4 as ispconfig standard instead of php 7.0
    I had the same in the past with a older php 5.6 Version. But i dont remember were this file was.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  6. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

It´s solved i have symlinked php-cgi7.4 to php-cgi7.0 and now it works. Easiest way to solve that.

7. Th0m

You should have php 7.0 installed and use it by default as ISPConfig looks for the PHP version that's shipped with the OS. So make sure the correct version is installed and select it as default:
    Code:
    update-alternatives --config php
    update-alternatives --config php-cgi

8. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

I have done this and there is PHP7.4 selected, but still the linkage problem to php7.0 but as i said i have solved it. So no need to invest more time. Thx for your time.

9. Th0m

10. Pimmal

Pimmal New Member

Thanks but it´s only a temporaly workarround, i will upgrade to debian 10 the next time. But thanks for your time.

Th0m likes this.