[SOLVED] Aliasdomain for website: redirect URL to real domain?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ignacio Garcia, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Hi there!!! I have setup an aliasdomain for website: realdomain: real.xy , aliasdomain: alias.xy
    I've been trying to configure it with the available options in ispconfig to, once someone enters in their browser the URL alias.xy, be redirected to real.xy
    Is that possible? Is this the right approach? Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance so much!

Ignacio

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Aliasdomain for website should do just that. How have you done it now and how have you determined it does not work?

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Alias domain should work with or without its own vhost. I am personally using the same for my multi tenancy addon of elkarte forum software. It should be straight forward if you are using default alias domain (i.e. without own vhost).

4. Hi and thanks for your replies. I've tried pretty much all possible combinations... The real domain is planetreformas.com and the alias is planetreforma.com. In case I did not explain myself clearly, what I'd like to have is when someone enters planetreforma.com (the alias), change from that alias to the real URL which is planetreformas.com, in the browser. I'd like to declare something like this, but I don't know how to:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?abcd\.com$ [NC]
    RewriteRule ^ http://efgh.com%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

TIA so much!!!!

5. Taleman

I have created an aliasomain somedomain.com where parent website is somedomain.fi. When I write in browser address somedomain.com, it gets rewritten to somedomain.fi.

6. what kind of redirect type did you use?

7. Taleman

• Redirect type: R
    • redirect path: http://www.somedomain.fi/
    • auto subdomain: www.
    • SEO Redirect: no redirect
    • Don't add to Let's Encrypt certificate: not ticked

ahrasis and Ignacio Garcia like this.
  8. It works!!! You're my hero of the day!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

ahrasis likes this.