[Solved] Autoresponder start/end ignored

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by KoS, Dec 21, 2020.

1. KoS

KoS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi
    I am using ISPconfig 3.2.1 in a multi-server setup. If I enable the autoresponder for a mailbox and set a start/end date, it is "always on". If i check the /var/vmail/<domain>/<mailbox>/.ispconfig.sieve file i can see that there is NO date set:
    Code:
    vacation  :days 1                                                                                                                                             
      :subject "Out of office reply"                                                                                                                             
      # :addresses ["[email protected]", "[email protected]"]                                                                                                             
      :addresses ["<mailbox>@<domain>"]                                                                                                                               
      "test OOO"; 
    I remember in the past that this worked fine, so I am not sure what could have caused this issue. Where shall I start debugging?
    Thanks
    KoS

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is that the complete contents of the sieve file? No if comparing dates before that?

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Do you have a custom sieve template that needs updated?

4. KoS

No it is not the complete sieve file, but there is no comparing part.
    There is only that part here before the vacation:

5. KoS

Thanks for the hint. it seems like there is a custom sieve template. I am analyzing it and will let you know.

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should remove that or update it so it is in line with the current config :)

7. KoS

@Jesse Norell & @Th0m
    Thanks, that was exactly the issue. I had some old templates.
    • It would be great if on an ispconfig_update the update procedure would inform about any custom template files (and maybe even show what changed on the original templates files so that the custom template could easily be adapted with the changes too. Simliar like you have when upgrading debian packages and you see the differences between your version of the file and the developers version)
    • Is there a way to regenerate all .sieve files? I thought that the "resync" of "Mailfilter" would regenerate the files, but it didn't do any changes to the sieve filter which had the autoresponder enabled.

8. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

It does as of 3.2.1
    I've thought about adding that. Specifically, the ability to rename all templates or carry on (as now), or walk through individual template files, offering to diff/rename/leave alone. Feel free to add a feature request for it, but it's probably not high on my list.
    Resync mailboxes.

9. KoS

Done, see https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5974

Thanks. Was not obvious ;-)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020