[SOLVED] DNS questions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Richardmax, May 17, 2017.

1. Richardmax

Richardmax New Member

HI,

I have Centos 7.1 and ISPConfig 3.1.

I saw the tutorial show after BIND installation that
    but there are not zones on /etc/named.conf.local after create DNS zones in my ISPConfig panel. Only the zones records files at /var/named/. Is that correct? Where are the zones declaration then?

Thanks in advanced

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely the zones you created are incomplete and have been rejected by bind. ispconfig includes only zones that get accepted by bind in the named.conf.local file. a common error is that users forget to add A-Record for the NS-Records when the NS Records are subdomains of the zone that you create currently.

3. Richardmax

Richardmax New Member

Hi Till, thanks for you answer.

Are you right: i create manually a new zone just now and it in conf.local but previous zones was imported (import zone file button). for imported zones, conf.local was not populated. Imported zones have all records, AAA, CNAME, NS, etc and files extension is .err

Thaddeus likes this.
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There must be a record missing then, otherwise, the file won't have an .err extension. Check if the NS records have corresponding a-records. If that's ok, then you can check the file with the named-checkzone command, it will show you the reason why bind rejected the file.

Richardmax likes this.
  5. Richardmax

Richardmax New Member

Thanks Till. I get it!!