[solved] How do I create a subdomain and redirect it to a different website?

Discussion in 'General' started by azuritetechs, Aug 2, 2016.

1. azuritetechs

azuritetechs Member

Is possible that has been solved this question many times but have found nothing that works for me (I searched on this forum, manual and documentation).

I follow this steps to create a subdomain to redirect it to a different website or create a website with a subdomain (Whatever you want to call):

-Step 1-
    I created a new website following "Method 2" of Subdomains section fo documentation.
    docs.ispconfig.org/creating-web-sites/subdomains/
    I entered "subdomain.domain.com" in the domain field.

-Sted 2-
    I created a FTP for "subdomain.domain.com" website.

-Sted 3-
    I created a new CNAME record in records list on the "domain.com" zone following this tutorial.
    docs.ispconfig.org/dns-basics/canonical-dns-records/
    I created a CNAME record and I entered "subdomain" in Hostname field and I entered "domain.com." in Target Hostname field.

Then when I open "subdomain.domain.com" on Firefox I only achieve a Server not found page.

Where is my mistake?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Changes in DNS can take up to 24 hours to propagate to all dns caches, did you wait that long?

3. azuritetechs

azuritetechs Member

I wait for a months.
    I try to follow the same steps and wait 24h again.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  4. azuritetechs

azuritetechs Member

It is very strange.
    The test that I have done brokes "domain.com". To make this test I added a "A" record to DNS with the "subdomain.domain.com".
    I removed this record and I made a "CNAME" record with "subdomain.domain.com" and majority of subdomains (with or without own website) have sartarted to works fine.
    I will create the subdomains that doesn't works fine to fix them.

5. azuritetechs

azuritetechs Member

Solved. Sometimes works and sometimos doesn't work.

Tanks