[solved] Lets Encrypt with multiple domains on one IP

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by daniel712, Mar 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. daniel712

daniel712 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Friends,
    I am hosting multiple domains on a single server with 1 IPv4 Address. The Lets Encrypt SSL Certs are restricted for only 1 IP Address. Is there an elegant solution to have multiple SSL Sites running over the one IPv4 Address?

For now i assigned seperate IPv6 addresses for the domains and have them all running SSL at least over IPv6.

Thanks for advice
    Daniel

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That sounds like misunderstanding of how things work; are you having a particular problem? You might see the lets encrypt faq post and the read before posting post, they cover some common issues and how to troubleshoot.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

No. For multiple domains per one public ip each may obtain their own LE SSL certs with no problem. Head to LE SSL FAQ to resolve any problems you might have as suggested above by @Jesse Norell.

4. daniel712

daniel712 Member HowtoForge Supporter

OK, thanks. That was a misunderstanding because in the manual under 5.4 it says "please note that you can have only one SSL web site per IP address" ... that was a bit misleading.

The Sites work now. I have still a SSL problem with one site: I disabled the SSL/Lets Encrypt Box and reenabled it again after some time. But when i try to open the Site Firfox complains: "This Cert, is only valid for the following name ..." The name is another Site of my hosting.
    May i force a renew of that cert manually? Or how to fix it?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer