[SOLVED] Main domain email is hosted with gmail but ISPConfig3 tries to send locally.

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Igor Almeida, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Igor Almeida

Igor Almeida Member

Hi guys,
    I'm sorry if there is another thread like this in the forum, I didn't know even how to search for this.
    So I have a ISPConfig3 installed on a machine called vps.example.com.
    My emails @examples.com are hosted with Google Apps. So my MX in the ISPConfig 3 DNS Zone are all pointing to google servers.
    I have a few other domains in this particular server and they all send and receive emails just fine. But If I try to send an email to [email protected] the server tries to send the email internally and ends up giving this error: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table;

So how do I fix this as I want to keep Google Apps active for this domain and managing the emails?!

PS. I saw the relay feature in Server Config, but I don't know if that is what I'm looking for as it asks for a specific user and password.

Thank you,
    Igor

2. Igor Almeida

Igor Almeida Member

Answering my own question... for some reason I added an Email Domain example.com.
    As soon as I deleted it, everything worked fine.