[SOLVED:] Migration Toolkit resulted in sites giving PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR when accessing them

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by axxies, Apr 23, 2021.

1. axxies

axxies Member

This version of Migration Toolkit is WONDERFUL! Everything is migrated over to the target server AND with the same IDs as the source server. Fantastic!

...but...

After migration I set the DNS for a few test sites to the target server's IP address, then I generated new certificates and THIS happens:

Code:
    Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.<theSite>.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Is there a setting that I need to do after a full migration? I don't find "PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR" in the forums and for migration toolkit.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. axxies

axxies Member

4. till

Ok, if the certs are there, then it might be a different problem.

5. till

Any errors in the error.log of the website? Are IPv4 and IPv6 DNS records ok? Maybe you get redirected to a different website and have HSTS on, which then causes your browser to block the connection.

6. axxies

axxies Member

I can access ISPC3 as such and that uses the same IP so that shouldn't be a problem with the DNS records (only IPv4), or?
    The error log in empty: /var/www/<theSite>/log/error.log

Accessing the site without SSL works like it should, with SSL it does not.

When I try to disable Let's Encrypt cert in ISPC3 that works, but enabling it again fails.

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

8. axxies

axxies Member

Thanks, yes, I found that through a search here before.

Still the same though.

The strange thing is that last week I migrated the server myself. Almost everything was done, then I rebooted the new server and -ta-da- read error on the disk. That disk is not swapped out.
    The thing is that it worked flawlessly then, but now after running the migration tool to do the migration, it doesn't work.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  9. axxies

axxies Member

One thing I have in the log is this:

Code:
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'memcache.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20180731/memcache.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/memcache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20180731/memcache.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/memcache.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
    finished server.php.

10. axxies

axxies Member

I disabled the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh in crontab to run it manually, which resulted in this:

/root/.acme.sh/acme.sh: line 5568: /var/www/clients/client3/web68/ssl/<theSite>-le.key: No such file or directory

That key file points to (not a symbolic link) to

/etc/letsencrypt/live/<theSite>/privkey.pem

and that IS correct, that directory does not exist:

/etc/letsencrypt/live/<theSite>/

Isn't this a remain from certbot? (from the source server, while the target server runs acme)

11. axxies

axxies Member

Why does acme point out a certificate generated by certbot? I mean, isn't it so that certificates generated from certbot are stored under /etc/letsencrypt , while certificates generated by acme is stored under /root/.acme* or is there a mix?
    A bug?

[EDIT: For clarity: The migration script on the source server gave a statement that no certificates would be migrated, but the setting "Let's Encrypt" was still enabled in ISPC3.]

12. till

Yes, this must be from certbot. Delete the symlinks in the SSL directory, untick the letsencrypt checkbox of the site, press save, eneble let's encrypt again and press save.

13. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try this:
    - Disable LE
    - Go to the SSL tab for that web
    - Select "Delete certificate" for certificate action and save
    - Enable LE.

14. axxies

axxies Member

Disable LE in the settings per site?

15. Th0m

Yes, try that for a site that's problematic.

16. axxies

axxies Member

YES! It was the old certificates that had been migrated over.

All works now, so I will delete all the certs in the SSL directories for each website and re-generate the certificates from within ISPC3.

Is this by any chance a bug in the Migration Toolkit? If so, I am "happy" to have caused a problem that made it even better. :)

THANK YOU ALL! @till , @Th0m and @Taleman for your help! You ROCK!

17. Th0m

Glad to hear. I will pass this on to Marius, the developer of the tool. Have a nice weekend.

axxies likes this.
  18. axxies

axxies Member

Hey... It's me again. :)

It worked for the first domain, but not for the remaining ones. Ouch.

19. Th0m

Take a look at the ISPConfig log.

20. axxies

axxies Member

Disabling the ISPC3 cronjob /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh to run it manually, gives no errors