Solved: multiple hierarchical sudomain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by leonardo.saracini, May 15, 2020.

1. I have create on ISPConfig 3.1.15p3
    Ubuntu 19.10
    apache2
    vps
    a site:
    algoritmica.net
    then I have create a subdomain (Vhost) using 'Add new subdomain'
    nextcloud.algoritmica.net
    all work well.
    now I like to create
    collabora.nextcloud.algoritmica.net
    How can I do using subdomain (Vhost) using 'Add new subdomain'?
    example, what have to put in:
    Parent Website: algoritmica.net
    Hostname: ?
    Web folder: ?
    Or have I to choose a different way?

best regards,
    Leonardo

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

you could try that (subdomain (vhost)) and use collabora.nextcloud as the Hostname. web folder would be wherever you want to docroot of that vhost to be.
    no idea if that will actually work though, and you'd have to create an A record for collabora.nextcloud as well.

otherwise you'd have to create it as a full website, providing the full collabora.nextcloud.algoritmica.net as the domain and set auto-subdomain to none. you'd have to add this as a domain in client - domains as well if you have the 'use domain limits in client module' function enabled as well. this'll be a completely new set of folders with their own owners though, would probably cause all sorts of permissions/CORS/XSS problems.

3. I have try:
    Parent Website: algoritmica.net
    Hostname: collabora.nextcloud
    but not work: vhost is not correct.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Set up a new website and write 'collabora.nextcloud.algoritmica.net' in the domain field.

5. sorry if I try to add website
    the Domain form with the tabs Domain is not editable but there is a dropdown box only showing algoritmica.net

so seems I have to create first the subdomain but this is the original question.

I have see a lot of post but I not find the right post.
    If someone know a link for my answer I like if he show me.

6. till

This means you enabled the domain module. In this case, either disable the domain module or add collabora.nextcloud.algoritmica.net as domain in the client module.

7. Thank you Till I have see the domain management at left bottom of client tab only now.
    I have add the domain and create the web site but it create the collabora.nextcloud.algoritmica.net as a folder. Is there a manner to create the site using /var/www/algoritmica.net/nextcloud/collabora?
    best regards,
    Leonardo

8. till

That's not possible as domain names can not be used in paths. Domain names may change and the whole site would break then. That's why ISPConfig uses only static ID's in paths and adds symlinks with the domain name for easy shell navigation.

leonardo.saracini likes this.
  9. ok thank you

10. The post is solved but Till you have tell:
    This give me a question: How have I enable the module and what is a module in ISPConfig?
    I search in manual but haven't see an hint.

thank you

11. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

this one's just a checkbox setting in ispconfig - system tab, select main config in interface section of left menu - select domains tab in system config.

12. Thank you nhybgtvfr I found it:
    Blame on myself I need to read the manual better.
    best regards,
    Leonardo