[solved] Nginx vhost files not updating on slave

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Brett Wilton, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Brett Wilton

Brett Wilton Member

Hello,
    We have two CentOS7.5 servers running in master-master mode. Mariadb, dovecot Mail and unison /var/www is all synching.
    However the /etc/nginx/sites-available and certbot letencrypt files are not updating on the mirror, primary server is updating correctly.
    I have both server running /var/log/ispconfig/ispconfig.log files in full debug mode.
    The slave is running under Azure so has a local private IP and a public IP address. Possibly this is an area that could be causing an issue. Initial ISPConfig had the private IP address loaded however I change that to the public IP address "Server IP Address".
    Just trying to diagnose why the directives and certs are not being updated on the slave and not sure what should be seen in the slaves ispconfig.log file.
    If I run the Tools->Rsync->Web sites I can see the primary server running through checking certs etc.
    On the secondary server I can see it running through and get lines like.
    11.06.2018-20:47 - DEBUG - Processed datalog_id 4018
    11.06.2018-20:47 - DEBUG - Replicated from master: REPLACE INTO `web_domain`...
    If check the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled directory the files have not been updated ?

2. Brett Wilton

Brett Wilton Member

Is there a script that can be run to check the vhost files get copied across to the slave / mirror server ?

3. Brett Wilton

Brett Wilton Member

I've just tried changing the Server Config to use the private IP and gateway with hostname that is defined in the DNS that has the correct public IP but still no difference.
    Just tried changing a single web site and I still see the Replcated from Master on the slave but it does not trigger it to perform the vhost file generation like I see on the primary server.
    I'm assuming that is what is meant to happen. We originally has this working on a secondary VM correctly but this aspect of vhost is failing on the new Azure VM

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the symlinks in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/mods-enabled/ and /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/ and compare them with the mirror master. Maybe you deleted the symlink of the nginx plugin.

5. Brett Wilton

Brett Wilton Member

Just checked and the nginx_plugin.inc.php link is missing on the slave server by the looks. Just adding and will test.

6. Brett Wilton

Brett Wilton Member

Fantastic that looks to have it working correctly! No idea how that link got removed.