[Solved] Ownership for /mnt/NextCloudData via SMB mount

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by LTxda, Oct 11, 2022.

1. LTxda

LTxda Member

Working with ISPConfig 3 and setup a NextCloud website. I mounted an SMB external mount through the OS with "//<IP>/path /mnt/NextCloudData cifs username=<username>,password=<password>,uid=5005, gid=5006 0 0" and verified uid and gid. When attempting to install NextCloud and point the data folder to /mnt/NextCloudData I get a message saying "Cannot create or write into the data directory /mnt/NextCloudData". I also tried www-data for uid/gid and also 0:0 but none have worked. When working with /mnt/NextCloudData mount, what should the ownership be? Also, for testing the permissions are 0755. Thanks in advance.

2. LTxda

LTxda Member

FYI, I also did a "sudo -u web5 mkdir testdir" and was able to create the folder as web5 user via ssh.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try mounting it to a subfolder of the private folder of the site instead. e.g. /var/www/clients/clientX/webY/private/NextCloudData
    And then check that /var/www/clients/clientX/webY/private is part of the open_basedir of the site, see options tab of the site.

4. LTxda

LTxda Member

Till,
    Thank you and that seems to have worked. I was able to mount it under the private folder and the path was already listed in the open_basedir under the Options tab. Appreciate your help with this. Last night while thinking about how things are setup, I was going to try to mount it under /var/www/clients/clientX/webY/NextCloudData but under private it worked. Thanks again!