~solved~ php errors after migration and move domain to customer

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by beyerservice, Feb 27, 2017.

1. beyerservice

beyerservice Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there,

I used isp_migration-tool from ispconfig 3 to ispconfig 3.1 on a new server-setup.
    Now I had client 1 (already used target-server for testing) and client 3 as imported client from source-server.
    I used Domain-Tool to move all my domains from client 3 (why there is no client2? :) ) to client 1 but nothing (php, 404, 500 etc.) worked.
    So I checked /var/www/ folders and all symlinks did not change. Some mountpoints too :-(
    So I did it by hand (rm symlink www.domain.tld -> client1/webx), chowned webx:client1 but I still got many trouble with any php-site:
    It was something like:
    Code:
    End of script output before headers:

[fcgid:warn] [pid 7541] (104)Connection reset by peer:

mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server,

In my panel there is no client3 any more, but if I do resync it always created /var/www/clients/client3 but vhosts where created with client1.
    There is something mixed up and I dont what to migrate again...
    Any idea how to solve this mess? :)

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hello,
    you did only mention you changed owner in the domain tool. This is irrelevant vor vhosts etc.
    You will have to change it in the mail domains, websites etc., too.

3. beyerservice

I do not have client setting in website or email-domains! (ISPConfig 3.1.2).

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I know, the domain tool can not move websites and mail domains to a new customer. But that's not related to the migration that you made. What you can try is to switch off the domain tool, then you should see the client selector in the website settings and then switch the sites and email domains to the new client. But I can't predict which problems may occur due to the manual changes that you made on the harddisk already.

5. beyerservice

I can select customer in Domain-Tool:
    Domain-Tool-ispconfig-3.1.png
    The only thing i did was cp all files from client3 to client1-folder and chowned group of all that files.
    I did this with 2 Domains. The first one worked some how (...) but second did not...
    So is there a way to (securely) recreate all necessary files for web or to debug where client3 is still written but deleted in customer-config?
    Another thing I am worried about: when I add new domain and website it now gets web72 assigned. I only had web12 as last number.

6. Croydon

Sorry, but I think you completely messed up your installation.
    The correct way to do it would have been:
    1. Change client in domain module
    2. Disable domain module
    3. Change client in website, mail domain, etc.
    4. Re-enable domain module (optional)

7. beyerservice

well... thats bad :-(
    but i do not have any problems with mail domain etc.
    where could I look for client3 in ispconfig configs?

8. Croydon

It's in the database. Because all datasets are linked to the client account. Might even be, that some data are now missing as you deleted the client3. I don't think there is a way to correct this without starting again.

9. till

I agree to Croydon that starting over might be the best option. If you want to check it in the database, the clients are in the client table, but there is a lot of data connected to them like the sys_user and sys_group tables and each record in nearly all tables has a sys_userid and sys_groupid column which refers to the named tables and the website group depends on the client as well in the web_domain table and all these connections are properly not in sync anymore between ispconfig database and the Linux setup.

10. beyerservice

ok. i will search for it, but in client table there is no client3 any more (because i deleted him..)
    So my php problems got solves by uninstalling Xcache :)

Last question: do you know why new websites are created with big numbers=? like web72 and last one is web12 ?
    Is there a counter somewhere?

11. till

This is the auto increment counter of MySQL. You can alter it in the database table options e.g. with phpmyadmin. The ID of the website is the counter of the web_domain table.

12. beyerservice

Thank you. I got it. My friend added 60+ subdomains...
    So this is solved! Thank you for your great work and support!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    till likes this.