[SOLVED] roundcubemail "Invalid request. ..."

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by DrMartinus, Aug 10, 2020.

1. DrMartinus

DrMartinus Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    today appeared the following error message (unfortunately in German, I'll try to translate into English:
    Code:
    Ungültige Anfrage! Es wurden keine Daten gespeichert.
    English: Invalid request! No data was stored.
    This happens at login with valid credentials. Roundcubemail does not allow login.
    In the error log I find the following:
    Code:
    [10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /path/to/php/session) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117

[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 406

[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 406

the above error appears many times...
    [10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /path/to/Roundcube/html.php on line 715
    again the above error appears many times
    [10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant E2 - assumed 'E2' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $
    [10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant A8 - assumed 'A8' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $
    [10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant E2 - assumed 'E2' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $
    [10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant A9 - assumed 'A9' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $

Could this relate to the fact that PHP had been updated to 7.4.9 recently? If so, is there an upgrade of roundcubemail to be compatible with this PHP version?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Could be. ISPConfig at least stops working if PHP version is changed. I would assume for all PHP applications that they just break when PHP version is changed, unless the makers of that PHP app specifically promise it works with that other PHP version.

3. DrMartinus

I haven't noticed that. ISPConfig works just fine with this new version of PHP. I need to check with Roundcubemail. I actually would have expected that these softwares stop working with old PHP versions, as they become increasingly insecure due to lack of support. Mail also continues to work normally, websites as well... only Roundcubemail complains.

4. DrMartinus

I'm pretty sure now that I need to upgrade roundcube. I remember there was a tutorial for that, but I don't find it. Any hints?

5. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Depends on how you have it installed in the first place.
    If you installed it manually, then use the manual upgrade path. See: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade
    Attention: This is valid for the installation done via https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...php-pureftpd-postfix-dovecot-and-ispconfig/3/
    This is based on the information in that guide. I do not have centos and can not test it.
    As root user (otherwise need to adjust permissions or sudo for installto.sh command)
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/releases/download/1.4.8/roundcubemail-1.4.8-complete.tar.gz
    tar xf roundcubemail-*.tar.gz
    cd roundcubemail-1.4.8
    bin/installto.sh /usr/share/roundcubemail/

6. DrMartinus

Thank you, that helped. I had to do some adjustments, though, but it's running now thanks to your advice. :)