some emails go to Junk all the time (only one user affected, antispam disabled)

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Honza, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Honza

Honza Member

Hi,
    I'm running ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p6 on Debian 7 x64 machine and every time one user receives a notification email from our issue tracking system (mantisbt.org) this email goes to Junk - and some other emails as well, but this one 100 % of the time. I want to stop the ISPConfig/Dovecot from filtering the emails to go to Junk.

What I checked so far:
    1. Other users are not affected (it's only this one email account)
    2. It's not problem of the PC where the email is running (this account uses Thunderbird as client + iPhone email) - I changed the password to the account and accessed it via webmail - Squirrel mail but it's still going to junk, so the filter is applied on server somewhere - before it reaches the Thunderbird.
    3. spam filter on whole domain ("Spamfilter") is set to "- not enabled -"
    4. spam filter on the account having the trouble is the same - "Spamfilter") is set to "- not enabled -"
    any ideas? I'm really lost here :(

Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

check the headers of the emails that are marked as spam, you should be able to see there which rule caused the mail to be filtered out.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

this can be the case but it don't has to be the case. When thunderbird moves the mail to junk, then it appears as junk by imap in squirrelmail too. So your assumption is only true when there are no other imp clients use this account except of squirrelmail. so if you want to test that, change the password of the mail account so that no other client can connect anymore, restart dovecot and then login with squirrelmail and check that new emails incoming from now on are marked as spam or not.