Some incoming E-Mails are rewritten wrong

Discussion in 'General' started by onestone, Apr 15, 2010.

1. onestone

onestone New Member

Hello guys,

We are running ispconfig3 on debian, installation as on howtoforge. Ispconfig is updated regulary. Everything is in general very fine BUT:

In some cases email from SOME Servers to SOME Adresses can not be delivered. The mail is written to [email protected], in my syslog i I see the following:

Apr 15 08:11:31 web postfix/smtpd[1096]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from ns3.sozvers.at[194.153.217.231]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<ns3.sozvers.at>

you can see: the postfix wants to deliver to [email protected] and not as it should be to [email protected].

The only workaround seems to be to delete the whole mail-domain, recreating every mailbox - but that's not VERY sexy!

Can you provide any help??

Regards,
    onestone

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The mail gets delivered to the address which is in the to field of the email, so if the sender writes a email to the recipient [email protected] and this recipient does not exist, then the email get rejected of course.

In a postfix setup, the domain that is used in main.cf for myhostname or mydomains may not be used as virtual domain for email.