Some items stop working after php 7.3 upgrade

Discussion in 'General' started by RobPatton, Sep 6, 2019.

1. RobPatton

RobPatton Member

OS - CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810

After lots of urging, I finally took the leap from php 5.6 to 7.3.9

At first I thought everything was working, and for the most part it is.
    regular sites work
    wordpress sites work
    ispconfig (latest ver) sorta works, but seems to have some issues.
    If I create a new "site" - that works
    If I then attempt to install an application to that site, for instance wordpress, it acts like its installing, but never actually copies any files into the correct directory. If I make an attempt to install the application again, I get "The installation path already contains a package installation." file level inspection shows no files have been copied. I have read through ispconfig logs and I just dont see any errors.

roundcube mail no longer is able to log in. It acts as if its given a wrong password "Invalid request! No data was saved."

I went back and downgraded back to 5.6 and everything starts working again,
    Did the 7.3.9 upgrade, and the problems came back.

I don't begin to know whats wrong or how to fix it.

Help!

2. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

Ispconfig only supports the PHP Version which is shipped with your distribution. If you install another PHP version, make sure its installed as an additional version, not a replacement. Make also sure the default version remains the old one. The new one can then be activated for selected websites in the ispconfig panel. There is plenty of information available on how to do that. Look for example here: https://www.sunaryohadi.info/additional-php-versions-centos-7-nginx-ispconfig-3-gce.htm

ahrasis likes this.
  3. RobPatton

RobPatton Member

I guess I'll to to find a walk through for that. I've already sorta made a mess of this system adding repositories. so I'll it should be fun to sort out getting both versions running