some questions about quota's/limits

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Mar 11, 2015.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I'm currently trying to create some hosting package templates, and have some questions about the limits/quota's.
    I can set the web quota for a client to 100Gb, and a mailbox quota of 2Gb. no problems with that.
    if the client sets up 5 mailboxes, that's a total of 10Gb available for mail, and this is, I would assume completely separate from the web quota, which is still 100Gb available.
    if the client sets up a database, I assume the size of the this database also completely separate from the web quota?
    how do I set any limits on the size of the database? i can only see a setting for limiting the number of databases. would any size limits include/exclude the size of any transaction logs?
    if I can set db size limits, can I set a total size limit, ie if I limit db's to 100Mb, and limit the number of db's to 5, then the client can have a total of 500mb of database, but no database larger than 100mb. but what if I want to set a composite total of 500MB, so the client can still have up to 5 db's, but that could be 4 10Mb db's and 1 450Mb db?
    also, if some servers are mirrored with all servers active, and a quota is set, and the data is on shared storage (say 1gb of data, and 4 servers), i assume that see's the used quota as 1gb and not 4gb?. what would happen if the quota is breached, would the client only receive 1 alert, or would every mirrored server also try to send an alert?
    thanks
    lee.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

MySQL has no function to limit the size of a database, so we cant offer a limit for that in ispconfig due to the lack on mysql side. But we have a virtual mysql quota in the next ispconfig release (3.1).

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

cool. any news on when that's likely to be released? or even public beta?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There will be a beta available soon. But you can also get the latest dev state from our git server at any time: git.ispconfig.org