Sorry, a couple other issues...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ctroyp, Sep 27, 2005.

1. ctroyp

ctroyp New Member HowtoForge Supporter

When I login to the control panel, I cannot login to the FTP tree. I click on the Web-ftp link and it prompts for the a site and usrname and password. I enter admin and password, respectively. I get " Could not connect as user admin". Any ideas? This is the same if I login as a test client.

Cannot load the stats page for a website. I get a "Not Found" page. I am entering http://www.mydomain.com/stats/ or http://www.mydomain.com:81/stats/ and neither works. This is also the same for trying to access the webmail and phpmyadmin. Did I miss something in the setup?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is easier to ask instead of continuing to pull my hair out.
    Thanks again!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  2. domino

domino New Member

Do you get the same error if you use Linux IP address instead of the domain name?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must use the username and password of the administrator user of this website, not username and apssword of the client.

Is http://www.mydomain.com/ a website you created in ISPConfig and not the URL to the controlpanel? If it is a website, the statistics will be created automatically every night and will be accessible by the URL http://www.mydomain.com/stats/.

4. ctroyp

Okay, thanks guys, I now can access the ftp tree and the stats page.

I still have trouble with the webmail and myphpadmin pages. I am still receiving a 404.

I posted another thread about the webmail and how to install it (UebiMiau). After posting the question on how to install it, I searched my that there was already a folder named UebiMiau, so I must have installed it using The Perfect Setup instructions or someting. Problem is, I still cannot get it to work.

5. till

Check on your server if the directories:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin/
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail/

are there and not empty.

6. ctroyp

I am not at the machine right now, but I do remember there being messages in the /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail/ folder, but I don't recall seeing anythin in the /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin/ folder.

Also, I have two email accounts setup and I looked in their webmail folders and found that my test messages showed up there--just can't access them from ISPConfig CP.

I have installed UebiMiau as you directed me in my other thread, and it installed successfully. Do I need to restart any services to get it to work, or is there more configuration to get it operational?

7. till

You mean files, not messages?? There can not be any messages in this folder.

Is the folder /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin/ there?

Can you access them from your normal email client, e.g outlook or firebird? If not, cahne the maildelivery (mbox/maildir) under management > server > settings > mail

There is no configuration nescessary at all for uebimiau and phpmyadmin.

8. ctroyp

Sorry, I was thinking of another file. Nevertheless, I did find one that contained the test messages that had sent. I called and had someone look in the /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail/ folder and it does contain about 6 folders and several files.

No, there is not a phpmyadmin folder in this location.

I have not setup the email client to test...I could not find the section that covers that in the manual. Is there any instruction online?

The setting is set to maildir.

9. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Which POP3/IMAP daemon do you use? Courier or another one?

10. ctroyp

Either Outlook (not OE), or Eudora.

11. falko

That are email clients! :rolleyes:
    Which POP3/IMAP daemon have you installed on the server?

12. ctroyp

13. falko

Then you're using the package imap which uses mbox, not Maildir. So you have to disable Maildir under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email.

14. ctroyp

Okay...I do know that it is set to maildir so I'll change that.

I logged into the CP and tried to get to the Server Settings. I cannot access the settings page. I changed the IP in the config file as directed by till:

but I still cannot access the server config pages remotely. Locally, I can access them fine. Also, my ISPConfig CP, when accessed remotely is running really slow today. Normally, the pages pop right up.

15. falko

What's the value of $go_info["server"]["server_url"] in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php?

16. ctroyp

It originally had "server1.domain.com". Now that I think about it, I think I may have accidently entered the IP address of the server instead. I needed to enter the public IP for the router, right?

17. till

No you need to enter your private IP if you are in a NAT enviroment or a domain that is routed correctly to your server from inside and outside your network.

18. ctroyp

Ok, then I have it set correctly. I will have to verify later when I can get back to my machine.

19. ctroyp

Well, for some reason I can get to the login screen for email for my sites. I haven't had a chance to change the server setting to mbox, but I can all of a sudden see the login screen. It will not accept my credentials though--probably because of the mbox setting? If not, what format should I be using for the username? web1_username? or just, username?

20. till