Source control sync

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by sza, Mar 16, 2021.

1. sza

sza Member

A very useful feature might be an integration with the source control system (git) when adding a new website.
    Is there any way it'll happen sometime?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Like most features, probably if someone makes the contribution to the project (including hiring it to be done), or if it's one of the more popular features requested when time comes to consider, "ok, what's next?" Someone did start that as a contribution a while ago, but it was not completed to a production ready state.

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

4. sza

sza Member

Thanks a lot for the reference

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Without looking at the code, it seems like it is almost ready, just needs some work.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I think it may need quite some work, but is a start. There are probably very different expectations of what a "website from git repository" feature should do, ie. quite different workflows, so it might be worth a discussion of that. I don't remember how this MR worked, but it seems it was quite a bit different that another web-driven git deployment system I was using at the time (pantheon); not that one is right and the other wrong, but probably worth discussing if this work were to continue on it.

till and Th0m like this.