SoYouStart - Ubuntu 16.04 - Error on fresh install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jbart, Jan 14, 2017.

1. jbart

jbart New Member

Hello,

Since a long time, I'm trying to do a proper install.

I'm now doing a fresh and cleanb install, and will report all error, and fix, that I'll get.
    I hope it may help for tutorial, or others people, but also help Moderator or skilled people to help me resolve my issue.

First at all, I'm using this tutorial.

Step 2: Error with "50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist"
    After few research, I needed to remove this file.

Step 6: Here come some trouble.
    The tutorial ask me to do the following (uncomment red line)
    But at this point, here what I get.
    [​IMG]

So basically, I'm just trying to get the same as the code on the tutorial, but it's like a blind guess, no idea if I miss something, or not.
    So, I just uncommented file that was uncommented into the tutorial example, and then, added the 2 red lines.
    (I didn't edited the smtps or submission first line (did not replaced - by y )

Step 7: freshclam
    freshclam is supposed to be working, I got an error here.
    Code:
    freshclam
    ERROR: /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log is locked by another process
    ERROR: Problem with internal logger (UpdateLogFile = /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log).

I deleted the file, and run freshclam again, to make it work. (file was rebuild after, no problem)

Sep 8: Disable proxy
    Asking to add code to the file, I need to create this file, since it doesn't exist at all. Not sure if normal.

Step 9: Cert installation
    Great question here. Tutorial told us that we can choose "yes" or "No", but I only got the possibility the choose "Cancel". When I think it's the same, I still got doubt about this step.
    [​IMG]
    The log file is attached with this post.

After installation: SSL isn't working
    Right after the installation, I got to "https://myip.com:80080", and I got the Chrome error, saying the SSL Certs isn't valid.
    Here the pics, with Chrome console.
    [​IMG]

Newly created website can't be reached throught HTTPS.
    I tryed to go on website settings, SSL, select "Create certificate", and Save. After that, still didn't work for me.

Access PHPMyAdmin:
    Right at this moment, I tryed to go on PHPMyAdmin. And it wasn't available.
    I need to edit "/etc/apache2/apache2.conf", and add this, at the end of the file. "Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf"
    I can now access PHPMyAdmin, but I can't login. I tryed the "fix" at the end of the tutorial, without changes.

Also tryed to add a website, a DB user and a DB. With the DB user credential, I still got a "connection refused".
    I still can login throught SSH with root user (without asling for password)

Here my feedback, and my actuals problems.
    So any help would be welcome, to fix current error, or help me setup a complete and correcte server with ISPConfig, since it seems I'm not able to do it myself.

Attached Files:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

2) Not related to ispconfig, neither ispconfig nor the tutorial uses or edits this file.
    6) Uncomment the smtps and submission sections and add the red lines. The result is shown in the tutorial, so you can not go wrong here, just make the section of this file look like it iw shown in the guide.:

Code:
    submission inet n - - - - smtpd
    -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
    -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
    -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
    # -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
    # -o smtpd_client_restrictions=$mua_client_restrictions
    # -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=$mua_helo_restrictions
    # -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$mua_sender_restrictions
    # -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
    # -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
    smtps inet n - - - - smtpd
    -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps
    -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
    -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
    # -o smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=no
    # -o smtpd_client_restrictions=$mua_client_restrictions
    # -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=$mua_helo_restrictions
    # -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=$mua_sender_restrictions
    # -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
    # -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

Step 7: This is fine and not an error. It just shows that freshclam was already updating the database at the moment when you started it.

Step 8: The command "sudo nano /etc/apache2/conf-available/httpoxy.conf" will create a new file where you add the content as shown below, so you do not have to add any files before executing it, jut dow what the tutorial told you and run the command. The tutorial nowhere says that you edit an existing file with this command.

Step 9: Ubuntu changed the dialogue for this package, the word cancel has been replaced with the word no.
    SSL is working fine as you can see in the message that you posted, the google message means that you created a self signed ssl certificate, that is used to secure the connection, so everything is as it should be. The messages of the google console are fine as well and not an indication of a problem, they just show that you are not logged in yet so that some ajax files can not get loaded.

PHPMyadmin: You did not follow the instructions of the tutorial here, the tutorial told you to select apache to be configured when the apt installer asks for and you did not select it, that's why phpmyadmin was not active.

This is the way Ubuntu works, Ubuntu does not allow direct root access by SSH. If you want to enable it, set a password for the root user with the passwd comand and allow ssh root logins in the sshd_config file

You got a connection refused when you do what in which program?

If you like to get your server installed with ISPConfig, then you should contact Florian from ISPConfig business support for you.

http://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig

3. jbart

jbart New Member

Hello,

Thank you for your complete and detailled answer.
    I'll check and try eveything you advice, and get back here if needed.