Spam assassin sa-updater problems.

Discussion in 'General' started by collimic, Jun 7, 2010.

1. collimic

collimic New Member

Hello all,
    I do not seam to be having a problem with Spam Assassin 2010 problem but when it updates it is not changing the version number.
    Every day or so I use to get a message from my server that said there was an update but now all the email messages say "No update was available. You are still running sa-update version svn607589."

When I run sa-update -V it tells me
    "sa-update version svn607589"
    "running on Perl version 5.10.0"

but when i do the sa-update -D I get something like
    [12675] dbg: channel: channel pre file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/var/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org.pre
    [12675] dbg: channel: metadata version = 895075
    [12675] dbg: dns: 5.2.3.updates.spamassassin.org => 895075, parsed as 895075
    [12675] dbg: channel: current version is 895075, new version is 895075, skipping channel
    [12675] dbg: diag: updates complete, exiting with code 1

The version number changes as it update. but at the top of the sa-update -D it states "[10286] dbg: generic: sa-update version svn607589" and it never changes anymore.

Can anyone help me with this issue.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

sa-update updates the SpamAssassin rules, but not SpamAssassin itself.

3. zetnsh

zetnsh New Member

Sorry to jump into this old thread Falko, but in it's default configuration, will spam assassin itself get updated?

I'm already running this from cron:
    /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/sa-updater

But given that it looks like spam assassin might be within the ISPConfig directory structure, should I be updating this via Ubuntu's package management system (apt/aptitude) or via some other means?

Thanks!

Neil

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Spamassassin gets updated together with ispconfig. The spamassassin from ubuntu is not used, so no need to update it.

To keep the spamassassin rules up to date, run the command:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/bin/sa-update

regularily.