spamassassin and Clamav

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gregh, Jun 14, 2006.

1. gregh

gregh New Member

Hi
    Been using Ispconfig with Centos 4.3 so far everythings seems to work well. I wanted to get some more information on how Ispconfig installs and configs spamassassin and clamav with it. Checked at Ispconfig home and here but not much infor on this. How does it differ from normal install? how often is it set to update virus diffs? Are these set to run as normal daemons on start up as I don't see them like normal install.
    Thanks Greg

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig installs SpamAssassin and ClamAV in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools.
    Both are called by procmail recipes in the users' homedirs (if spam and virus scanning are enabled for the user).
    The virus signatures are updated 10 times a day by freshclam which is started by the /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server script.

3. gregh

gregh New Member

antivirus and spamassassin

Thank you for the reply. Could you answer a few more questions for me.
    Does Clamav delete the viruses or store them in a folder if so which. I changed the spam hits for a user to 1.0 but it shows the email received a scorce of 1.4 and the required 1.0 it does not mark the subject ***spam*** even though I have checked ISPCONFIG and it is set this way. Could this be from the other filter test that spamassassin does. Thank you for any help. Greg

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.1 (2006-03-10) on mail.test.com
    X-Spam-Level:
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=-1.4 required=1.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED autolearn=ham
    version=3.1.1

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The virus emails where deleted.

Your score is -1.4 and not 1.4 which means it is < 1, so the message is not marked. Scores can be nagative in SpamAssassin if the email message contains thrusted elements or is whitelisted.