SpamAssassin Blacklist

Discussion in 'General' started by danielborene, Sep 23, 2009.

1. danielborene

danielborene New Member

Is there a way I can load a Blacklist database on spamassassin or use a URI server check?
    I got the strength level setup at a level that legit emails are passing with no problem, if I increase strength, legit emails becomes spam.

I receive a lot of spam and a lot of them are still passing thru spamassasin as legit emails.

I found this website with blacklist database and it shows how to setup on spamassassin.
    http://www.sa-blacklist.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/README.howtouse.html

I don’t know if this setup will work with ISPConfig 3/spamassassin,

Any thoughts on this or how can I make my spamassassin work more efficiently.

Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig uses a simple default spamassassin installation with amavisd, so any tutorial you find should work.

What makes me wonder is that spam passes trough your system as my spamassassin default installation catches > 99% of the spam emails. You should check the headers of the emails if there are any negative scores that prevent emails to be marked as spam.

3. danielborene

danielborene New Member

What are your tag-levels on your spamfilter policy, I have changed mine so many times in attempt to get it right that I don't remember what were the default numbers.

What will I be looking for in email headers as negative score?

Any altaration of file /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user will affect anything?

Thank you.