Spamassassin - Possible or not?

Discussion in 'General' started by DerLobo, Jun 27, 2006.

1. DerLobo

DerLobo New Member

Hello,

is this possible:

I want create a special email address: [email protected]

In this box I will forward all this spam which passed the filter of spamassassin.

I don't delete the content of this box.

sa-learn must look into this box for learn spam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I think when I forward the spam, maybe spamassassin read my email address in this case?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

That's possible, but you must not enable SpamAssassin for that mailbox.
    And you need an email client that allows you to forward a mail without changing it (headers, etc.).

3. DerLobo

DerLobo New Member

Sorry, I understand not right.

How can spamassassin know about this, when I not tell it?

I use M$ Outlook 2003.
    Is this possible?

4. fobicodam

fobicodam ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

i dont know why you need a second mailbox. Put SA to kill every spam message, then enable autolearn (i dont know how, but if you see the mail headers, they say : "autolearn=no")

Shouldnt it work?

5. alexnz

alexnz New Member

how do we turn autolearn=on?

6. DerLobo

DerLobo New Member

Maybe it is unclear what I ask for?

My mail header tell me autolearn=spam version=3.1.1
    So I asume this is on.

I talk about the mails which are passed the spamfilter as "No Spam" but this are spam.

So my thought was:
    Forward this mails into a folder and train automaticly with sa-learn.
    So sa-learn read the mail and learn that this are spam.

But I don't know if this is possible.

7. falko

Create a new email account, e.g. [email protected], and do not turn on SpamAssassin for that account (because otherwise SpamAssassin will change the emails that reach that account).
    Then forward all messages that you think are spam to [email protected] (with an email client that allows you to forward messages without changing them) and let sa-learn learn from these messages.

8. falko

You can do it in the user.prefs file in each user's homedir, or even better in the template file in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf.

9. denmaus

denmaus New Member

It is on...

A little late, but here is the answer:

From SpamAssassin's Site: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/...ningNotWorking

Why isn't autolearning working for me? (aka: "autolearn=no")

Lots of people seem to be confused by the "autolearn=no" statement in the default X-Spam-Status header. There are usually questions regarding whether or not "no" means SpamAssassin is not autolearning at all. What it actually means is that the specific message which includes the "autolearn=no" part was not autolearned, not that autolearning is disabled or somehow broken.

The three values that can be displayed are "no" (autolearning did not occur), "ham" (the message was learned as ham), and "spam" (the message was learned as spam).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007