spamassassin / postfix URBL checking

Discussion in 'General' started by Ovidiu, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

hi guys,

I just looked at the /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/user_prefs.master file and saw SA is configured to do some URBL checks...

I just thought it might be not so smart to check that with postfix too, isn't it? I mean it would be a double check which makes not much sense, does it?

attached is my current /etc/postfix/main.cf there is section called test thats what I am playing with, so if you see an error there you can tell me.

by the way I foudn out I could add an option to warm me only if rejects would occur, so that I coudl add rejects as warnings only to see what impact it would have on the system before changing from warning to reject, can anyone give me an example how to do that?

###edit###

warn_if_reject this is what I need Iguess, but how to use it? can you give me a snippet of your main.cf so I can see how it should be implemented?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

If you use the blacklists in Postfix, emails are rejected right in the beginning before they can enter the system, so this is better for your system load. If you're using exactly the same blacklists in SpamAssassin and Postfix, it's better to have this in Postfix.