Spamassassin stopped working... need HELP!

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by MisterVlad, Jan 3, 2008.

1. MisterVlad

MisterVlad New Member

This is my fault... I was having postfix issues yesterday, and it had about 200 messages sitting in the queue, and spamassassin or clamav was eating up 96% of the CPU load.

I use WEBMIN on my server so that i can get access to it anywhere there is a web browser, so I was logged in, and for some reason, in the general options for postfix, there is a 'Email content filter' and i clicked it to 'none' and i know there was a value in there, and it is gone now.

Any idea what this value was? i know it was short, but did it so fast, that i didnt even write it down :(

The mail server set up was done following the 'Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL' for Debian Etch 4.0, and was set up about 7 months ago, and hasent had any issues with spam being sent (until i deleted that line by mistake).

Please help! I am getting about 10 spam per hour, and it is on my blackberry, so it is eating up my data useage pretty fast!

Mistervlad.

2. MisterVlad

MisterVlad New Member

I think i JUST found my solution (after 30 minutes of looking over everything). It always seems you find your help, just after you post the question!

the line was in the /etc/postfix/main.cf, and it was 'content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024'

NOw... that was pretty simple... yes?!

Thanks anyway! I hope that this was in fact what I screwed up.

Mistervlad.