Spamfilter "not enabled" but still mails in Junk folder

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Outbreaker, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Outbreaker

Outbreaker Member

Hi,
    I noticed that some emails are put in the Junk folder, but should that not happen if the Spamfilter (By default) is set to "not enabled" at the Mail Domain and Email Mailbox?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Not enabled means that the default settings of the spamfilter get applied. What you want is to select the uncensored policy.

3. Outbreaker

Outbreaker Member

Can we change the default Policy option for the "not enabled" option? Because no "not enabled" should be the uncensored policy. ;)

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Not enabled is no policy, it is the very low default of the rpsmad/amavis filter. If some of your emails get filtered out with setting not enabled, then you should check why they get filtered out and what the sender is doing wrong as this normally never happens, the spam filtering level is already really low.

5. Outbreaker

Outbreaker Member

I think it's better to change the name from "not enabled" to something like "Default (Low)". A friend was the first one that asked me why some of his mails where in the Junk folder because he said he checked that everything was off. At first i fought it was an error on his side before it happened to me. :D