Spamsnake additional email scanners

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by getrav, May 13, 2008.

1. getrav

getrav New Member

Hi
    I'm using the spamsnake for personal use and I would like to add AVG, F-PROT and avast as they are all free.
    What is skipped by one would be caught or tagged by another.

Please help.

2. Rocky

Rocky Member

You would have to first install the scanners you desire and then add the appropriate settings to your MailScanner.conf file.

I don't have any of them on my setup so I won't be able to walk your through the install.

In your /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file, you should have something like:

Code:

Virus Scanners = clamav f-prot avast avg

Good Luck

3. getrav

getrav New Member

Hi Rocky,
    Would you please give this a shot?
    F-PROT is free for personal use and is easy to install. I got it installed & it scans individual emails easily but it doesn't scan thru mailscanner.

4. Rocky

Rocky Member

Hey,

If you're going to be using F-PROT on a commercial scale, then you'll need to obtain a license for it.

Have you added the following to you /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file?
    Code:
    Virus Scanners = clamav f-prot
    Rocky

5. getrav

getrav New Member

I already added f-prot to the mailscanner.conf file. I'm not seeing anything in the mail.log regarding f-prot only clamav.
    How do I check if mailscanner passed the file to f-prot and what f-prot's response was?

I'm just testing now for home use & when I do deploy at my company, I surely wouldn't cheat a good company out of a few dollars.