Spamsnake mailq problems

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by SBN-Support, May 14, 2008.

1. SBN-Support

SBN-Support New Member

First of all, thanks for a great howto. I'm just to page 6 and I'm seeing this email is being generated every minute:

Warning: require(/var/www/html/mailscanner/functions.php): failed to open stream:
    No such file or directory in /usr/local/bin/mailq.php on line 32

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/mailscanner/functions.php'
    (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/bin/mailq.php on
    line 32

What I don't understand is functions.php is where it's supposed to be. I'm an old guy and I'm just picking up Linux so I'm kind of lost.

Thanks so much for any assistance,
    -Roger

2. Rocky

Rocky Member

Hi Roger,

Which was the last step you did before you started getting the error?

Please check your /var/www/mailscanner/conf.php file and make sure the following is set:

Code:
    define(MAILWATCH_HOME, [B]'/var/www/mailscanner'[/B]);
    Let me know if that works.

Rocky

3. SBN-Support

SBN-Support New Member

Hello Rocky, I've finished the howto. Added the mailq back into crontab. Yes, the MAILWATCH_HOME define was correct.

Same problem exists.

-Roger

4. Rocky

Rocky Member

Ok. Are you using Sendmail or Postfix?

If you're using Sendmail, then you would have to copy the mailq.php file out of the mailscanner directory and put it in the /usr/local/bin directory.

You would then have to edit mailq.php to change the line that points to functions.php file. This would be something like:
    Code:
    /var/www/mailscanner
    After that, make it executable by running:
    Code:

chmod +x /usr/local/bin/mailq.php

Hopefully that solves the problem you're having.

Rocky

5. SBN-Support

SBN-Support New Member

Found the problem... the path to functions.php was indeed incorrect. Corrected in mailq.php and no more errors.

Thank you kindly for your patience and help Rocky.

-Roger

PS
    Be asking another question in another thread in a moment....