Spamsnake Ubuntu Jeos 10.10 Baruwa issues and update

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tuxic, Aug 20, 2011.

1. tuxic

tuxic New Member

I seem to have some issues. I cannot release emails. The link appears in the email and redirects to the site, but the message gets blocked again when it passes the spamsnake.

Other issue. The quarantaine report itself gets blocked (obviously because of blacklisted mails in de report itself)

Any chance for an update on baruwa. There seem to have been some bugfixes. Would be nice to have them in my spamsnake.

2. Rocky

Rocky Member

Which version of Baruwa are you running? It's best if you follow the guide to get up to 1024sn, this was the latest before version 110, which is still in the works.

Do you have an entry for 127.0.0.1 to allow in your whitelist? If not, add it and you should be able to release messages.

3. tuxic

tuxic New Member

Ok, that seems to work. Now I can release messages. I just noticed that the guide was updated. Will apply the update to 1023svn. Thanks for the solution.

Tuxic

4. tuxic

tuxic New Member

Hi Rocky,

Directly after the baruwa update I also did a apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. Everything seemed to be working fine. Except after one week around 2:00 AM Mailscanner stopped working. I can see in mail.log that Mailscanner is constantly starting but the queue isn't processed and growing. No mail is delivered.

After a reboot all mails are send and everything is working as expected. Same thing happened to another install after updating (almost after 1 week after updating)

Any ideas?