Squirrel mail, further steps required

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Mister, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister

Mister Member

Installed Squirrel mail via the APS installer, looks good I can log in and everything, but I cannot send or receive email, is there something I missed, another step required maybe's

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I never used the squirrelmail from aps as I prefer to use the packages from the linux distribution from that as described in the perfects etup guides. It might be that you have to configure the mail server type and hostname in the squirrelmail configuration file.

3. Mister

Mister Member

I did initially install Squirrel Mail, but the problem is I do not want to use it from the default domain, I want to use it from one of the alternative domains I added at a later stage, hence the reason I used the APS installer.

I can log-in and seemingly use it OK, apart from Squirrel mail does not send or receive emails, that's why I thought I am probably missing some simple step I must complete

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The system squirrelmail ca be used from any domain of your server, as it is installed as an alias. So you can reach it with /squirelmail or /webmail on all your sites.

Back to your original problme, please check the squirrelmail config file in the website that you used to see if it uses the correct imap and smtp server.

5. Mister

Mister Member

Hi Till,

Ah, I thought squirrel mail could probably be used from any domain, not much point in me installing on another domain.

Also squirrel mail did send emails, it was just that there was a rather long delay before it sent the emails and I did not notice.

I,ll close the thread because I am nearly there just need to read up a bit more on squirrel mail, and Ispconfig, which I am liking a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.