Squirrelmail and Ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Doginal, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Doginal

Doginal New Member

hey guys, dont know if this has been requested before but, i feel that it would be a great addition to the ispconfig 3 control panel if there was an option to move/configure squirrelmail to a single site, and or just be able to configure squirrelmail through the ispconfig 3 control panel. i do not know if this is possiable but it would be a very nice feature that i believe most people would use it.
    I do no that squirrelmail is not writen by the ispconfig 3 team so i understand that this might not happen but even have a way in the install to set a site for squirrelmail would be great! maybe have it default to /mail if no other site is set?

Hopefully we can figure this out,

Doginal

2. oilyflutesalad

oilyflutesalad New Member

3. bugsmoran

bugsmoran New Member

But it will not be available if you use mod_fcgid instead of mod_php. Am i right ?

4. oilyflutesalad

oilyflutesalad New Member

I don't know, I've always used mod_php. Hopefully somebody else will know the answer though

5. mmidgett

mmidgett Member

I don't know if this was the right way but I am using mod_fcgi and I just create a link from the command line in each user web to /usr/share/squirrelmail/

Seems to be working just fine. Was this correct?

6. cemejacky

cemejacky New Member

ISPConfig is an open source hosting control panel for Linux. ISPConfig is licensed under BSD license.I have also used mod_php.On most systems the owner of the website manages the passwords for his email accounts and not the email user itself.

7. djtremors

djtremors New Member

Squirrelmail works fine with ispconfig3 (even mod_php). I have it (nutsmail actually) and i even wrote a plugin to automatically create the user preferences on user creation and update (should the name have been spelt wrong when created).

8. epretorious

epretorious New Member

IIUC, what Doginal is looking for is a single interface for configuring the way that Squirrelmail functions across all of ISPConfig's clients/sites. Yes?