squirrelmail cannot decode budystructure of email?

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by Ovidiu, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

hi there,

I have a problem with tthe following message:

viewed with outlook:

trying to view it from squirrelmail:

any ideas? I found some hints with google, but those problems were mostly concerned with decoding us_ascii encoded mails coming from yahoo, but this is a self generated mail by my system, so I was wondering.....

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

thx.

before I go ahead an read all that huuuuge text, one more question:

the text is mostly concerned with a problem of squirrelmail, and aims at installing all possible locales, what I was wondering is why do I have problems displaying a self generated mail by my own system???

I mean I can read mails I send to myself with squirrelmail, so why can't I read mails from Mail Delivery System [[email protected]] which is my server?

Are you sure I have to look for the source of the problem at squirrelmail?

###edit###

I would like to squeeze another squirrelmail question in here, recently I realized I have display problems with messages bigger than aprox. 10 or 12MB - I see a mail in my inbox with 15 MB click on it and the page stays white? where to look for trouble? the usual php.ini values are all >32MB....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  4. falko

What's in Apache's error log?

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

hi there - same problem with roundcube so its not the webmailer.

do not find anything inside the error logs, tried looking inside the /var/log/httpd/ispconfig_access_log there should be any apache log inside there?

by the way I checked mail logs too seems tehre is no error there....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  6. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ok, I just tried squirrelmail development version: 1.5.1 and I can open mails bigger than 5-6MB so its back to checking whats wrong with sq instead of looking at log files...

still the bodystructure of those strange mails cannot be displayed...

I am digging deeper now ;-)

7. falko

I think the error log is in /var/log/apache2.

8. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ok this is how I understood ispcfg was working: all logs go to /var/log/httpd/ispconfig_access_log so this is the place to check in realtime, after the nightly provessing the access log and error log are split and put in the coresponding /var/www/webxx/log folders?

am I wrong here?

9. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ok I finally found the error here, by doing a tail -f /var/log/error.log

this is an excerpt:
    I tried clicking on a 5MB mail and it opened, I tried clicking on a 15MB mail and got this error...

can you tell me more about these settigns:

from my php.ini - are these 32MB the limit for one php process? or is it sitewide? why would a 15MB mail exhaust 32MB ?

what settings would you recommend on a AMD 3000MHZ 1GB Ram 2x80gb software raid server running mail,web,dns, etc. services for severall small sites, not a lot of sites hosted here...

###edit###

there must be something wrong with squirrelmail, like I said with version 1.5.1 it worked with the 32MB limit, I set it to 64MB now and look what I got:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  10. falko

That's right, but not for the error log. The error log is still written in /var/log/apache2/error.log (or similar).