Squirrelmail ERROR: Could not complete request. Query: SELECT "INBOX". Reason Given: Una

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by nikos, Jan 3, 2015.

1. nikos

nikos New Member

I did the installation process from this tutorial:

https://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-...-courier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-debian-wheezy
    Error from webmail:
    ERROR: Could not complete request. Query: SELECT "INBOX". Reason Given: Unable to open this mailbox.

Also when I add the account to Thunderbird I get this error:
    [​IMG]

/var/log/mail.log
    Code:
    Jan  3 23:03:25 HOSTNAME imapd: LOGIN, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:1.1.1.1], port=[58584], protocol=IMAP
    Jan  3 23:03:32 HOSTNAME imapd: LOGOUT, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:1.1.1.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=28, sent=115, time=49
    Jan  3 23:03:32 HOSTNAME imapd: LOGOUT, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:1.1.1.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=28, sent=115, time=7
    Jan  3 23:03:32 HOSTNAME imapd: LOGOUT, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:1.1.1.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=177, sent=395, time=56
    Jan  3 23:07:12 HOSTNAME imapd: Connection, ip=[::1]
    Jan  3 23:07:12 HOSTNAME imapd: LOGIN, [email protected], ip=[::1], port=[59223], protocol=IMAP

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The mailbox gets created when the first email is sent to it, so you cant access it until then. Please see the tutorial, it contains instructions to send a email to the mailbox on the shell to create it.

If you like to have a easier to maontain virtual user setup, then you should take a look at one of the perfect server guides with ispconfig 3.

3. nikos

nikos New Member

after running mailx [email protected]:

Code:
    Subject: Welcome
    Welcome! Have fun with your new mail account.
    "Pressed Ctrl +D as mentioned"
    EOT
    root@hostname:/home/user# postdrop: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory

UPDATED:
    I fixed the error.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  4. Vic Silvano

Vic Silvano New Member

Hi nikos how did you fixed it? we have same error?