Squirrelmail with multiple domains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by frk, Feb 18, 2007.

1. frk

frk New Member

hello all

i have ISPconfig and squirrelmail installed and when i try to send an e-mail from my primary domain ([email protected]) its sent normally, but when i try to send an e-mail from another domain ([email protected]) it sends it normally but when i receive the mail i see ([email protected]) instead of ([email protected]). It somehow uses my primary server domain name instead of using the second domain i've added to ispconfig.. can i fix this?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please set a sender email address under options in squirrelmail for your second account.

3. frk

frk New Member

yes i know that, but if i have many users and domains can i make it set automatically its own domain(default identity) instead of server's host ?

thanks in advance.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, you must set the sender address manually, as you do in every other email client.

5. frk

frk New Member

well.. i know there is a way.. because i used squirrelmail on other machines which were setting the domain name correctly automatically... anyway.. thanks for help.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Maybe the other machines were using a different setup (virtual users instead of system users, as ISPConfig does)?