SSH on my PerfectServer

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by gfunk68, Feb 5, 2021.

1. gfunk68

gfunk68 New Member

Hi all, I recently upgraded my gaming PC and took my old one (ryzen 7, 8gb ram, m.2 500gb) and attempted to make it a webserver. Since I have 1,000gb upload now with my fiber connection for the first time, I think I could make a pretty cool webserver. I used howtoforge/tutorial/perfect-server-ubuntu-20.04-with-apache-php-myqsl-pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/

It worked! my website is working (hostflood.com) and I'm happy with it. ISPConfig is awesome; I'm a long time cPanel user and I'm really impressed. The only thing I couldn't get working was https. I installed letsencrypt (certbot) and i checked the box that says use letsencrypt on hostflood.com; but it doesn't work. I don't recall the guide taking us through asking for a cert (I think we get 3 month certs for free, probably need to run a cron to refresh it) and I don't really know how to do it. I've seen older guides (3 years old on average) but nothing new. My question is does ISPConfig have a way of requesting the cert or do i need to figure it out using something like this: certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html

Thank you for your help!

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

For server FQDN, please use sub.domain.tld instead of domain.tld.

You should be able to create LE SSL certs for your server and its services on install or update by choosing it during that process.

But since you have ISPConfig install, before running update, please read the LE FAQ as you may need to enable Skip Let's Encrypt Check (since your server probably is behind NAT) to successfully obtain LE SSL certs.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

And check acme.sh is not installed before you install certbot. Having two Let's Encrypt clients confuses things.

ahrasis likes this.