ssh users restrictins

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sojic, Aug 12, 2010.

1. sojic

sojic New Member

How can I add shell users to domain, but to limit directory permissions?

Each user to have access to his home directory. No access to parent, /web... any other dir out of his home dir?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I do not think that it is possible to restrict the ispconfig ssh users in that way.

3. sojic

sojic New Member

Well... in ispconfig 2, there was possible... one user is "administrator", other have their own home directories and they are accessable via domain.com/~user

Is there other way to do this? (with linux users)?

I need x users with their own "upload" directory... then in domain/web I will make soft links to their upload's directories.

I have "didicated" server, so it it is possible with creating linux users... no problem. I need solution.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, but thats not ISPConfig 2. ISPConfig 3 uses a virtual user setup as many users complained about the functionality from ispconfig 2 that the other ssh users were not able to access the web dir. If you need a system user based setup with separate ssh user web directories, then use ispconfig 2 or create the linux users manually.

Use FTP or webdav and not SSH. With FTP and webdav you can limit users to subdirectories.