SSH with jailkit does not show website files

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Taleman, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I was expecting FTP user and SSH user see the same files when logged in and using jailkit. FTP user does see the web/ subdirectory files, i.e. the files that are the website. But ssh user saw only .bash_history and .ssh. After cd .. there were two directories shown, one for the username and other named after id of the user. The latter directory was empty.

I managed to get access to the website files by creating a symbolic link to the web/ directory.

Is it expected behaviour that SSH user can not access the website files? Or should ISPConfig create that symbolic link or with some other way provide that access?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ssh user has full access to the web files. The difference between an ftp and ssh user is that an ssh user has its own home directory while an FTP login does not has a homedir. When you login with an ssh user on a linux server then you are in the home directory of the ssh user, it does not matter if that server runs ISPConfig or not. The home directory of a SSH user is /home/username. So if you want to go into a different directory with an ssh users, you can do that with the command "cd". To go to the web directory which is a directory inside the root directory of the jail, you enter:

cd ../../web

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I see. I only did one cd ..

Thanks. Now this problem is solved.