SSL can't be activated

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alwaysthesun, Sep 18, 2023.

1. alwaysthesun

alwaysthesun New Member

When i activate SSL and Let's Encrypt SSL for my website it has no effect because it stays deactiveted after i press the save button and the changes are written

Can somebody help me out

P.S. Now only the option SSL can be activated and Let's Encrypt SSL can't be activated

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. alwaysthesun

alwaysthesun New Member

till likes this.
  4. Jaume

Jaume New Member

Hi, my problem is like this but very very strange.... when I activate ssl and Let's encrypt, the checks remain active, but nothing happens:
    - no ssl section into virtual host
    - i execute server.sh manually and finish without errors
    - look into site config and both checks (ssl and letsencrypt) remains checked
    - web without ssl is working fine
    I don't know where to debut so no acme.sh logs are written
    *the server is new , latest version of ispconfig, ubuntu 22.04. I'm migrating from other old host with ispconfig migration script and finished ok .
    thanks

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As mentioned in the LE error FAQ, please post the debug output that you get, as not only an error message is an indication but also missing things can be an indication for the source of the error too.

6. Jaume

Jaume New Member

sorry Till, but the problem is that i have no debug output...

7. Jaume

Jaume New Member

Hi Till, i've found the problem!!! uf!! difficult to find, the "migration mode" checkbox was checked... I've done other migrations and never have this problem. If you don't mind, i would apreciate your help in:
    1) how to debug this? i don't see any logs regarding this
    2) why i don't have same problem in other migrations? is it a new functionality?

regards!

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then you did not follow the debug instructions closely. Even when you miss out important steps like enabling debug mode, you always get an output when running server.sh on the shell as described here https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

That's described in the Let's Encrypt FAQ, which @Taleman referred you to. I'll cite the relevant part which contains a link to step-by-step instructions which you should have followed.

The output would have shown you that migration mode is on and that no SSL cert got created for that reason.

Most likely the migration did not finish and the remote system was inaccessible so the Migration Tool could not disable migration mode at the end.

Th0m likes this.