SSL Cert wrong domain

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DrMartinus, Jan 13, 2021.

1. DrMartinus

DrMartinus Member HowtoForge Supporter

My client wants to install a SSL Certificate, he followed the instructions, but the certificate generated points to the first domain which is registerd in ISPConfig and not to his domain. Hence, Firefox and other browsers don't accept it. What's going wrong? Within the GUI of ISPConfig, the correct domain is selected (i.e. "*.domainna.me").

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

This is one of those faq's for which we need to write an actual faq post to refer to, but lots of info here in the forums. Start with checking what ip addresses you have in the settings (don't mix * and actual ips). Then I'd look to see if the new port 443 vhost got created or had an error (eg. wrong value in one of the certificate fields?). You can delete the certificate, then enable server debug mode, add the certificate back and run server.sh manually to look for errors.

ahrasis and Th0m like this.
  3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

And there is a possibility that your second domain failed to obtain LE SSL certs, forcing web server to direct it to the first domain with SSL. See whether LE SSL is unticked. Simple troubleshooting will be to re-tick it back, the longer one will be following the FAQ as already mentioned above.