SSL certificate CN and Hostname mismatch

Discussion in 'General' started by Kat, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Kat

Kat New Member

Good afternoon,

I have a server with 2 sites hosted on it:
    cooldomain.com
    lesscooldomain.com (that i manage using ISPConfig)
    Cooldomain.com has a current SSL certificate, but was managed by some CoolWebsiteMakingCompany, so I do not have access to it.

Recently I decided to create a SSL certificate for my lesscooldomain.com site, so i went to Gandi, my domain provider, gave them the CSR that i asked ISPConfig to create. After some waiting around I received my shiny new SSL together with the intermediate certificate.
    So off I went to add it to "SSL Certificate" and "SSL Bundle" on ISPConfig dashboart for the lesscooldomain.com.

All good and swell but unfortunately whenever I try going to https lesscooldomain.com the browser gives me the "your connection to this site is not secure", as for some reason it is picking up the cooldomain.com certificate on the way.

Now, I checked and double checked that I put the right certificates in the right place, I even re-issued myself an extra new new SSL cert for that domain, but I am still getting an error.

Could you advise on how I should proceed with this, as I am fresh out of the ideas?

Regards,
    Kat

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

With ISPConfig controlling both websites that can happen it one website has IP-address written in the settings and the other has *. That confuses apache. Either all websites must have * or all must have IP-number, mixing the two is a no-no.
    Maybe something similar is happening here?