SSL certificate no errors but does not work

Discussion in 'General' started by Ricardo Vilhena, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Ricardo Vilhena

Ricardo Vilhena New Member

Hello.

I have an ISPConfig (Version 3.1.15p3) installation on a Linux Cent OS 7 server.
    I have a single server setup.

I already have some websites with ssl certificates (emited by zerossl) but this time I have a certificate emited by a different company.
    I have the Certificate, the private key and then two more files (CA certificate and a Global Chambersign Root certificate) that I think are supposed to go into the bundle ssl.

I've configured the ssl settings for this particular website on ISPConfig, but when I go to the website, the certificate does not appear nor do I get an error saying that is not working. I've already enabled the debug mode, but still no errors appear.

Can someone give me a hand with this pleeeease?
    Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
    Ricardo

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

is the SSL checkbox on the first tab of the website settings enabled and did you choose 'Save certificate' in the action field on the SSL tab and then pressed the save button?

Ricardo Vilhena likes this.
  3. Ricardo Vilhena

Hi Till. Thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes, the ssl checkbox is enabled and I chose Save certificate and then pressed the save button.
    (just redid that, in case I forgot something, and it remains the same: no ssl and no errors).

Should I delete the website and create a new one?

4. till

5. Ricardo Vilhena

Yes, that was the first thing that I did, when I realized I had no errors.
    Here's the output of server.sh:
    02.09.2020-09:43 - DEBUG - Calling function 'check_phpini_changes' from plugin 'webserver_plugin' raised by action 'server_plugins_loaded'.
    02.09.2020-09:43 - DEBUG - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished.

Apparently no errors.

6. till

According to the log, you did not save the SSL cert again. Go to SSL tab, choose save certificate as action, click on the save button and then run server.sh script on the shell.

7. Ricardo Vilhena

I just did that, and the output is the same.

I rechecked the loglevel and is in debug.

Is there anyway to force the check on the certificate?

8. till

This can have 3 reasons:

1) You run server.sh on the wrong server.
    2) You missed disabling server.sh cronjob as outlined in debug instructions.
    3) You did not choose save certificate and press save button.

Go to SSL tab, choose save certificate as action, click on the save button and then run server.sh script on the shell.

9. Ricardo Vilhena

till and Th0m like this.